Thursday, January 20, 2011

It is COLD here....


Okay, I know it is January in Canada so I should not be surprised at the -20c temps BUT I still hate it !!!
I worry about the gang outside. They all have heated houses but I still worry about them all.

Today was one of those cold but bright blue sky days....took some pics & did enjoy the time spent outside with everyone.
On the "up" side winter is almost half over!

Now for my pet peeve (one of many!) I cannot believe how many of those stupid "Canada Goose Coats" I have been seeing. Young, old, male, female , if doesn't seem to matter. I really thought (foolishly) that people had evolved & were actually not wearing fur because of the cruelty. I guess not, as these ugly coats are everywhere. For those of you who are not familiar with them.....they are goose down filled coats with coyote trim on the hoods. The cost of wearing these ugly things is between $300 - $600 depending on the style. Sadly, they are very trendy.
I guess people just do not think about the geese being plucked alive & the coyotes in traps suffering sometimes for days before the trapper makes his way back to check. They DON'T but they SHOULD !! I always give a sneer & dirty look as they walk by....sometimes saying out loud how horrible it is to wear something so cruel. I think I might make up some pamphlets to hand out to these ignorant people.
Stepping off my soapbox now....

No comments:

Post a Comment